Can Marinol give a false positive for THC in a urine drug test?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: As a nurse, if im giving patients Marinol BID and not wearing gloves, could i fail a UDS for THC?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rare possibility

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

The absorption of tetrahydrocannabinol though bare skin is very much limited and chances for testing positive for THC is very low if any.

Although It is your choice to wear gloves or not but in my opinion wearing gloves prevents you from many more ailment than than the THC exposure.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 minutes later
One of the patients cant swallow the pill so i have to put a hole in it and squirt it in his mouth. The other day i went to do that and the oil in the jail got on my skin. Im applying for another job and want to make sure i want trst positive. Even the oil on my skin shouldnt cause a positive test?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to be careful

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Being a health worker we need to understand our hazards and responsibilities at the same time still I feel you should be careful as there are some chance albeit rare to be tested positive for THC provided exposure occurs in short time with test.

I hope this helps you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.