Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Hard lump on the leg having bruised mark around it. Throbbing pain at times. What is it?

I have a hard oval shaped lump on my leg close to the shin bone. I can feel sourt of like roots growing from it and the leg caves in a bit around it. It also has a brown color bruise looking mark around it while the actual lump is white. It was pea shaped but is now oval. I have seen a doctor and she wants me to come see her again as it has changed shape and is larger. It causes throbbing pain occasionally while at rest or walking or sitting while driving.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The hard,oval shaped lump,which is increasing in size and giving you throbing pain locatedon your tibia (shin bone) most probably could be an exostosis (bony out growth) from tibia.
I would suggest you to consult an orthopediac surgeon,who may advice you some investigation like X Ray lower leg.In case the lump proved to be exostosis on X Ray, he/she may excise the exostosis.Excision of exostosis is short surgical procedure,requires only one day hospital stay.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor