Suggest treatment for painful bump on heel

Posted on Tue, 29 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a bump on my right foot below and slightly to the right of the center of my heel, tender and slightly red that gives me pain in the heel when I walk. Woke up with it yesterday morning. I occasionally have had problems with stinging along that tendon on the back of the foot but this is different.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible tendinitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
If there was no trauma, bite or prick then this is probably tendinitis or inflamed clavus or inflamed calcanear exostosis. You need to rest, apply cold compresses,take ibuprofenum 3x400mg, and do xrays of feet. I dont think this is something serious but if pain persist then MRI should be done and surgery may be required. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 22 hours later
Are there ways to prevent these possible conditions?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rest,ice,leg elevation

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome. You should rest,apply ice,elevate your leg. In severe cases,immobilization is required. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon