What causes hard lumps on the gums?

Posted on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 in Dental Health
Question: I have the same boney type lumps on my upper outer gums by the back molers, I'm sure they are Toros mandibularis. I also have some on the front outside gums, no bumps on the inside gums. I don't want a mouth full of hard bumps!! I see little white spots on the sides in the way back of my mouth. what the heck?? it seems the lumps are popping up more and more
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 1 hour later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX orthopantomograph, surgical excision

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the bony lumps over the gums is concerned it can be a XXXXXXX or exostosis. Nothing to be panic, these are harmless and will not cause any problem. But the XXXXXXX will not increase in size. So it might be exostosis. If you have any interference with speech or mastication or wearing denture, then you can get it surgically removed. To confirm the diagnosis I would like to advise radiographs like orthopantomograph. Please upload the images of the lumps so that I can give a better diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery