Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Hard lump below clavicle, not moving. Have bruise. Want immediate feedback

I noticed a small hard pea sized lump in my upper right pectoralis three or four inches below my clavicle . It is around slightly under the skin and not visible. It does not move and feels flush or embedded in the muscle tissue . I also have a bruise the size of a silver dollar slightly overlapping the lump which I cannot recall getting for physical activity. I have insurance and will go get it looked at but thought I might get some feedback immediately. Thank you, Michael Gibson
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A hard lump in the muscle mass with an overlying bruise is likely to be due to a hematoma in the muscle. If there is no history of injury then bleeding disorders need to be ruled out after proper investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor