Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Hairloss. Reducing hairline on forehead. Medication?

Hi sir, I am 22 yr old. I am suffering from hair fall . My father has baldness even my grand father. I fear that it will follow me too. I have shifted to chennai, So didn t find the water here good for my hair. My hair fall is like forehead lift . Its falling as a line on forehead how will i reduce it, how to cure it give me some medicinal tips. I cant cook or use juices as I am staying in a mansion. So find me a good medicine or lotion. Can i use mineral water to wash my hair instead of the water from the mansion.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  184
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi vignesh , dont worry you are suffering from androgenic alopacia (male baldness ) ie hereditary .You need to take the following treatment : tab biotin 10 mg(BTN ULTRA) 1 OD for altleast 3 months , tab finestride 1 mg OD for atleast 3 months and minoxidil 5% topical solution with aminexil 1.5% locally 1ml in your roots twice daily , & as an ans to your question washing your hair with mineral water will have no effect on your hair fall . Imp instructions : you have to wash your hands after application of minoxidil and you will on start getting the results after 1-2 moths so plz don't panic that the medicines are not working .
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor