Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Had tubes. Infection with pus coming out, glands are swollen. Had antibiotics. Should I consult an ENT?

My daughter had tubes put in 1 year ago. She is 8 years old. She has an infection right now and there is a lot of puss coming out. We went to the doctor's this morning and because her glands are swollen and her skin outside her ear is all red, she was prescribed antibiotics. A few minutes ago I looked in her ear and the tube in her infected ear was just sitting there in the opening of her ear. Because her ear is infected, should I have her looked at by an ENT soon?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for contacting HCM
according to your summary , your daughter having the Eustachian tube dysfunction with otitis media , so that she required the ENT consultation , examination under microscope for ear.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor