Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Had tripped and have bruise above buttocks. Running is painful. Recommendations?

I was playing hockey on Tuesday night and was tripped. In that trip, my body did a complete front flip and i landed almost on my bottocks, but mostly on my lower back on the left side (rear left side pelvic region I think). There is a very tiny bruise just above my bottocks and is quite painful. I m thinking its a bone bruise. I have a game tomorrow and am wondering how i can go about either reducing the pain ( OTC painkillers do almost nothing) or speeding up the recovery. I can walk normally without much pain, but running or jogging is painful.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

X-ray pelvis with both hips (AP) should be taken to rule out bony fracture.
As you landed hard, X-ray should be taken.
For pain, you can take pain killers like tablet Acelofenac twice daily for 5 days.
You need clinical examination also.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor