Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Had temperature and pink spots on body. Why restlessness at night?

hi, my 1 year old boy has woke is body up one morning with a temperature and a few bright pink spots.... its been 5 days and now they are all over his body, face and ears.... his temperature keeps creeping up and calms down with paracetamol ... he is very restless at night and has lost his appetite by half. what could this be and should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Fever with rash in this age is commonly due to viral infection. Give paracetamol only for fever as NSAIDS may cause harm to the baby in some viral infections. You can give paracetamol 6 hrly, also do tepid sponging to control the temperature. During fever intake may decrease, so give plenty of fluids and continue feeding. Consult your physician for proper laboratory and clinical evaluation.
With regards
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor