Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Had gall bladder removed, pain in the upper stomach area below rib cage since then. What to do ?

I had my gull bladder removed in June. Since then I have had trouble eating, I get a pain in the upper stomach area below rib cage, I sometimes feel like if you would stick a knife in me and release air I would feel better. sometimes this pain gets so bad I want to go days without food to avoid the pain.If you can tell me what I could do. I have been reading and I think that my symtoms sound like dyspepsia but I don t know what to do about it
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and welcome to healthcare magic.....
this type of dyspepsia is common after gall bladder surgery .....and usually difficult to treat.....
and in many cases it passed away by itself with time.....
the recommended treatment is omeprazole 40 mg OD before meal and tab itopride 50 mg Three times aday before meal...this treatment should be taken for 3 months.....
hope you will be better soon....
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor