Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Had ectopic pregnancy and fallopian tube removed. Trying to conceive, getting pain after sex. What should I do?

hi i had an ectopic pregnancy 19mths ago it burst and i had my right fallopian tube trying to get pregnant and doc said i got hydrosalpinx in my right tube which cause infertility and i wont conceive.i get pain in my groin after sex and some sharp stabbing pain in vagina and anus which last only for coup[le of sec but for several days.doc want to do a laporoscopy but im not sure i want to do it in case i lose my tube as i cant afford ivf.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Zareen
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
You have not mentioned anything about status of left tube. If left tube is patent n normal still u can conceive by natural try/IUI. Ultrasound monitoring for growth of egg will be required because if only left tube is patent then ovulation from left ovary only( not right ovary ) will be fruitful and you can try for pregnancy. Hydrosalpinx is known to cause infertility ( it interferes with implantation of embryo ) even when you are undergoing IVF. So ideally it has to be treated before you attempt for pregnancy ( naturally/IUI/IVF). If both the tubes affected by hydrosalpinx then IVF is the treatment of choice. Take care .
Answered: Tue, 10 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor