Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Had ears pierced. Have bleeding, swelling from ear lobe. Can online doctor help?

I got my ears pierced two months ago. Yesterday, I took out my stainless steel studs to clean. I am aware that cheap earrings are high in nickel which may be the cause of my problem. I can take out my stud out of my right ear fine but my left ear bleeds like the last time a little. However, last time, my left earlobe did not become swollen. This time, it became swollen but it is minor. I researched on many different methods to treat a swollen earlobe but I am not sure which is effective in way that it does not worsen. I do not know what to do and I am aware that I need to buy expensive and good quality earrings/studs. I need help because this is my first time that my earlobe has became swollen.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that you are developing problems as you already know due to your earings. You can stop bleeding by applying pressure over the area. You can help the swelling reduce by applying ice. Taking pain meds can help with the pain. Also it is important that you stop wearing earings until the swelling subsides completely. It is also possible sometimes that you could have developed an infection which may need to be treated. Also preventing any pressure on the earlobe will help.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor