Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Had been hit on side of nose causing pain. Pain is not subsiding. Why?

My grandson threw a toy at me 4 days ago which hit me on the side of the nose causing me to be in severe pain. After 4 days I have still got a lot of pain in my nose and the bruising to my eye is starting to subside, what is causing this pain in my nose still? I even get a lot of pain in my nose and head when I sneeze , why?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pain in nose after hit by a toy for last four days.

As you said about 4 days have passed but severity of pain of nose is more and you does not feel better. you have bruising of eye as well, this indicates that hit was with great force and therefore there may be fracture of nasal bones. It is advice to go for X-Ray nasal bones in A.P. & Lateral views. If it shows fracture than you have to consult A ENT doctor for medical care but on the other hand if X-Ray shows no fracture than you have to take these -

(a) Antibiotic - Amoxicillin 625 mg thee times a day.

(b) Anti inflammatory and analgesic like combination of Diclofenac with serratiopeptidase.

(c) Cold compression by ice bags.

I hope this will help you.

Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor