Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had bad infection of bronchitis. Prescribed antibiotics for pneumonia. Can he play hockey?

Just wondering about my son. He went to the doctor on Monday and he has a very bad infection(bronkitis) now on the paper to get antibiotics it say pneomia. He got nothing on is chest and not coughing up mucus . He had a fever but now he is good. Is it ok for him to play in a hockey tournament this weekend. It s a ice hockey tournament in a arena and he is a goalie.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Acute bronchitis from viral infection with a secondary/subsequent pneumonia is quite common. The pneumonia can be viral or bacterial. bacterial needs to be treated with anti-biotics and normally viral resolves by itself.
Regarding playing hockey, from your notes he seems fine and it all depends on how he feels with regard to his well being. If he is back to his normal self, energetic and ready to go for a heavy exercise game like hockey, why not ?
I would recommend if he is feeling upto it, to play half the time of the game like 30 minutes with lots of oral fluid hydration before during and after the game. As I said, it all depends on how he is feeling at the moment. This is not a condition that requires prolong recuperation specially in young person.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor