Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Got urine routine and microscopy done. Is it normal?

hi doctor, I got my urine routine and microscopy(qualitative Method) done today and the report says as Physical Examination Colour-Pale Yellow, Appearance -Slightly Turbid, PH-6.0, Specific Gravity-1.015. Chemical Examination Protien-Nil, Sugar-Nil, Ketone-Absent, Bile Salt-Absent, Bile Pigment-Absent, Urobilinogen-Normal. Microscopic Examination RBC-3-4/HPF, WBC/ Pus Cells-10-15/HPF, Epithelial Cells 2-3/HPF, Granular Cast-Nil, Hyaline Cast-Nil, Crystals-NIL,Mucous Strand-Nil, Other-Sperms seen. Can you please tell me if this is a normal urine report or is there any problem, your
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
hi, welcome to HCM I am Dr Das
the report shows that the color, appearance , are normal but the .Ph is acidic. Again, the chemical examination is within normal limit, but in microscopic examination there is increased us cell, and epithelial and rbcs are also present. no crystals are seen.
so, you are suffering from a lower urinary tract infection.
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Cardiology Dr. Pradeep Kumar's  Response
Thanks for the query
Your urine examination is suggestive of lower urinary tract infection.Sperms in urine if persistent suggests either prostatitis (this is swelling or inflammation of the prostate gland, which helps in the manufacturing of semen) or retrograde ejaculation (this is a condition in which semen moves backwards through the urethra into the bladder rather than out of the body. It is caused by a lack of bladder contractions which normally take place during ejaculation to keep urine and semen separate. Urine will often appear clouded after sex in men with this condition).
I would suggest you to repeat the urine test consult a urologist for proper evaluation and management.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
with regards
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor