Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Getting constipated, abdominal pain and pain while urinating. Should I consult a doctor?

I have been having abdominal pain, some acid reflux , belching , constipation, but I did go once but very small amount, and its hard even to pass gas. The pain is mostly in the upper quadrants and it hurts to urinate but not like a bladder infection and it hurts through to my lower back. I have taken stuff for gas and even pericolace. Not sure if I should just go to ER or try some other otc meds
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Constipation and lack of gas can be a symptom of bowel obstruction. Especially if you have had constipations before, had some weight lost recently, had blood in stool. Such obstruction can be caused by abdominal adhesions or colon cancer. Pain while urinating can be due to urinary tract infection or stones. It is quite common that with obstruction there is not enough fluid absorbed and due to dehydration kidney does not produce enough urine. This can lead to urinary tract infection and kidney failure.
It is advisable for you to visit your doctor right away. Abdominal X-ray, ultrasound, full blood work, urine analysis should be done at first. If no findings, colonoscopy is necessary to rule out large intestine diseases.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor