Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Gay man tested HIV positive, now received negative report with non reactive antibody test. Okay to engage in sexual activity with such a person?

I just wanted to know regarding the xxy males i mean how safe it is to have them as life partners and secondly i want to discuss this case with you of a guy who is xxy was tested hiv positive last august 2011 and now in june he has received a hiv negative report with non reactive antibody test just wanted to know if still he can have a comfortable life ahead or else it is not advisable for him to get into maritial life
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

The HIV status of an individual and the safety of having a life partner like that are not dependent on each other.

If the XXY male is HIV positive and you wish to have him as your life partner and indulge in sexual activity, then you will mostly seroconvert to HIV positive state.

Coming to your second query:

The instances, where a person detected to be HIV positive and later turning on to be HIV negative, is rare.

He can get into marital relation but please confirm his HIV status again. In addition, his partner should be able to accept him as he is.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor