Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Gall bladder removed, sweat and pain in ribs and lower back pain. What can be done to treat the ribs pain?

I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago. I couldn t eat anything with any amount of fat for 12 months or I would sweat and shake and experienced pain in my ribs and lower back (both sides) after I ate. Slowly I have improved and can now eat a reasonable diet but still suffer permenant pain in my back/lower ribs area. I live permanantely feeling that I have had the shit kicked out of my ribs and they are extremely bruised. Have no idea what I can do about this? 2 years in pain is getting pretty hard to tolerate and I am tough as boots!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. so far my knowledge is concerned a healthy individual with only gall stones dont have any such effects.
you must be having gastritis fatty infiltration hepatitis or cirhosis of liver besides gallstones.there could be some error in the surgery.
I advise you to consult a gastroenterologist for diagnosis. you may have to get the u.s.scaning gastroscopy SGPT SGOT HBSAg
serum bilirubin for confermation of the diagnosis. in the mean while your doctor will priscribe you enzyme preparations with bile
Answered: Mon, 25 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor