Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Foul smelling substance accumulating in crotch, recovering from ringworm infection. What should I be doing differently?

I have a foul-smelling substance accumulating in my crotch between my legs and my scrotum . I m just getting over a severe ringworm infection there. I ve been using an anti- fungal ointment for about 6 weeks now. The itching has been persistant, though I scrub myself thouroughly with anti-bacterial soap, often scrubbing myself raw. Often before I m even finished drying off the furious itching will begin again. I ve started scrubbing with soap and a toothbrush but the itching and the smell always return. What should I be doing differently?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi foul smelling from the grion area after fungal infection indicates that fungal infection is still present..hence treat the condition with atarax 25 mg at night.terbinafine 250 mg daily once for 14 days and application of sebifin ointment twice daily and use of ketoconazole soap for bath
Answered: Fri, 3 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor