Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Fluid in ear, hearing problem, eardrum broken. Possibility for normal hearing?

Hi, i have hearing problem, on my right ear it has a fluid since when i was child. And when i visited on the doctor he told me that my eardrum was broken.I difficulty to hear and i thought it was affected also my left ear because my hearing is not is possible to get back my normal hearing?thank you
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic forum,

Fluid in ear called ottitis media with effusion (OME) .

When infected and pressure behind the drum increases than it break the drum and leads to perforation called suppurative ottis media(CSOM).

Both OME or CSOM may lead to hard of hearing or deafness.

In my opinion you should see an ENT sepecialist for through examination of your drum .

You may undergo for a pure tone audiometry for proper assessement of hearing loss.

If conductive type than it is likely to improve.

But if it is sensorinerual loss than less likely to improve.

Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor