Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Fluctuating high BP, occasional dizziness and tiredness. Advised amlodopine, ca ch blocker. Right medicine?

i have high-ish blood pressure , varying from 180/90 to 120/75, which changes continually. The specialist wants to put me on amlodipine , ca ch blocker, but i understand that it lowers one s heart rate . My pulse rate at rest is 52 . With my 24hr blood pressure test my average reading was 155/85 and pulse lowest 48. i am worried that my pulse will go too low and I might pass out, sometimes i am very dizzy and tired.
Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You have High Blood pressure (ISH), that is Isolated systolic Hypertension it should be treated and calcium channel blocker are are dug of choice for this type of Hypertension.
Please take care of diet reduce salt to 2.5 gm/day.
If pulse rate is slow kindly check a ECG and see if there is any cause like heart block as if complete heart block is there a Pace maker is required.
If there is nothing then continue the same medicine and dose adjustment periodically.
Take care
Good Luck.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor