Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Fell while walking on foot, swelling, toe, ankle, hurts, took Ibuprofen. What could have happened to my foot?

about a month ago I went over on the side of my foot when walking in the mall slipped on something dropped on the floor. Since then the toe next to the big toe hurts and the ball of my foot swells and my ankle hurts after I walk at the gym . For the next few days after I have to take Ibuprofen before it gets feeling better. What could have happened to my foot? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

It looks from your detail that most probably you had sprained your toe or there is a fracture.This should be confirmed by having a x ray of the affected par.Till then you should avoid bearing weight on affected limb.Continue taking a good analgesic like advil.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor