Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Feeling bloated and pain in the abdomen after a fall. Need to see a doctor?

Last month, I fell off of a ladder trying to prune my tree. I fell face down but did not hit my head. Basically I fell flat on my stomach, breasts, thighs and legs like a flat pancake. I was a little stunned and sat on the ground to get my composure. I'd like to think that a like extra cushion helped my fall or distributed the shock of the fall. Every now and then I still feel a little sore in my abdominal area or bloated. Should I go to the doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Meloncons,

If your feeling of abdominal soreness and bloating started shortly after the fall, then it will be worthwhile if you decided to see a doctor.
Knowing if you had no internal organ damage will be more helpful than not knowing what is going on inside. If a CT scan could be done at least your mind will be free of worry.
Do not forget that your bloating could still be as a result of a gut disorder/dyspepsia and that you will be required to get treatment for that and follow a proper diet. You may also consult with a gastroenterologist.

Hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor