Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Feel internal lump under rib cage, gurgles on touch, drink alcohol

Okay, Thanks.

I have what feels like an internal lump "feeling" (not an actual lump that I can feel) under my left side rib cage; slightly to the the front of centre; along the rib cage. Once when I pressed under the rib cage to try and see if I could feel anything, it kind of gurgled. Just a bit. It hasn't done it again. I have no pain. Just the sensation of it being there. Its been 3-4 months now and symtoms are the same. No change. I would be considered a moderate+ drinker. Thought I'd flag Liver just so you can consider it. Thank you. What a wonderful service.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
The lump like feeling that you are talking about could be a diseased stomach. many times if there is an ulcer in the stomach, it leads to this type of sensation. Or there could be a oesophageal hernia . Both can be confirmed by getting a OGD endoscopy done.
One thing is sure, that it cannot be anything serious.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor