Fatty liver as per liver scan. On prolomet. Help high ESR?

Hi doctor my name is Preethi..my mom is 50 years old.2 years ago my mom had a liver scan...as per the scan report the doctor said..she had a fatty liver grade 1...but they dint give any medical suggestions or pills...they say its not that dangerous...is it so?.can this fatty liver can be reduced..what treatment could be taken...she is also a BP patient...she takes Prolomet tablet for that...her BP is always normal..her ESR high..it is 40 for half an hour and 60 for an hour...why is this always high..we asked many doctors..they dint give proper answers at all please help...
Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM,
Firstly, fatty liver is the most common incidental finding during Ultrasound scan. It is not a dangerous condition rather it indicates you to avoid rich diet and alcohol.
It will not reduce by any drugs. Only life style modification is the measure which can stop it disease progression.
Now, ESR - it is a not so much reliable indicator of any specific disease. Because many condition gives falsely elevated result. So it is not a problem when clinically there is no diease condition.
Regards.