Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Facing memory loss issues. What to do ?

Hi Sir, Am a software Employee, working from 2 and half years, I think am suffering with memory loss ..I Observed myself manytimes, yesterday in my office, someone from the other cabin asked me, who is setting back of your row..I forgot his name and his Identity, but later after sometime, i realized he is my friend and my team member who will be sitting there..I was shocked. Not only this, am forgeting the Issues which I did in my Office, and evry thing seems to be NEW Please help me, what should I do now? Thanks and regards. AAAA.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. What you are describing is a common set of complaints presented by a stressed white-collar professional. I guess you are in your early career and this is usually not the age of onset for dementias/ illnesses of forgetfulness. Effective stress management strategies can help which you can learn from a psychological counsellor (hope your company has one). Breathing relaxation exercises can also help. If these do not hep, you can consider an evaluation by a professional psychiatrist. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
What you are facing is a perceived memory disturbance and not the actual memory loss. The fact that you could recall the information after some time suggests that its not the actual memory disturbance. The problem occurs when you are not attentive or are fatigued. Same may also occur if you are having anxiety or depression or worry cause of some concerns. Firstly please don't freak out yourself considering that you are suffering from very serious illness. These issues are treatable, but you need to see a approachable psychiatrist who can assess you before he can start any treatment.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns,
have a nice day.
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor