Is Huperzine A advisable for dementia?
It can be used safely.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Huperzine A is a herbal drug that seems to be a promising drug in improving memory, protecting neurons from neurotoxic agents, treating Alzheimer's.
Patients that used this drug at our institution report only a few mild adverse effects, so, this drug may be used safely.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Adverse effects listed below.
Possible adverse effects of Huperzine A use include sweating, dizziness, blurred vision, muscles twitches.
Caprylidene is a supplement (food) that may be beneficial in protecting the brain in such cases.
Hope this helps.
In good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?