Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain and discomfort in lower abdomen, painful sex, pelvic area pain, burning sensation. Help?

Hi. I have a question. I am experiencing pain and discomfort in my lower abdomen area/pelvic area. It is bloated and it hurt after and a littlw during sexual intercourse. When i push on the pelvic area it hurts and pain goes up to my chest almost a stinging burning sensation. My husband and i have only been with each other sexually so what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, and thank you for using Healthcare Magic!

In order to precisely answer your question, I would need to ask you a great deal of questions, and examine your abdomen myself. But I will try to give you some general ideas about what could be causing these symptoms.

Fibroids - these are benign tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus. They are uncommon in women of reproductive age. If they become large enough they could cause the bloating and lower abdominal pain you are describing

Endometriosis - this is caused by tissue that is normally only found lining inner wall of the uterus growing outside the uterus. This pain is in the region you describe, frequently is worse w/defecation and during sexual intercourse, and also should be worse around the time of your menstrual cycle.

Ovarian mass/cancer - These most commonly happen to women after menopause, but the symptoms you describe are consistent with an ovarian mass of some kind. I am not saying that this is the most likely cause! It is much more likely something else.

The best course of action would be to make an appointment with your family doctor or gynecologist to be examined. It is possible that if they suspect a mass of some kind they will order a transvaginal sonogram, which is the best way to take pictures of the pelvic organs.

I hope I have given you some useful information, and wish you the best of health.


Dr. Kinney
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor