Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Experiencing abdominal pain, back pain and have fever. What could be causing this?<br>

Hello. I am a 21 year old female. I have been experiencing a sharp stabbing pain in my abdomin that comes and goes. It starts out near my navel and spreads throughout most of my abdomin. It lasts for about 30 seconds and becomes almost unbearable, then goes away, only to return again anywhere from a minute to an hour. I am also experiencing constant pain in my lower back. It s dull and achey. And I am running a fever of 100.5. chilling, and then randomly start sweating. no possibility of pregnancy
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Well, u need to answer few questions first before I could suggest you anything, like about your motion habbits, any urinary tract symptoms, any menstrual irregularities…. And also any associated symptoms like nausea,vomiting and name of medicines if taken any…..

Wish you good health.

Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mamun Kabir's  Response
thank you.fever,lower abd. colicky pain without any bowel abnormality may be features of urinary tract there any burning micturition?Urine R/M/E & USG of abdomen is necessary. you must take plenty of water.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, you are experiencing a colicy intermittent pain which could be originating from the GIT,premenstural or from the gall bladder or due to renal colic. If you are constipated or have any GI symptoms then probabely you need to evacuate your bowel. The exact origin of the pain needs to be pinpointed and for that you need to get some baseline tests done. Get your routine blood and urine exam done, get an ultrasound abdomen and if required an x-ray KUB to rule out kidney stones. While you await these results you could use some anti-spasmodic like meftal spas or dicyclomine tablets to take care of the pain and once the cause is known definitive treatment can be initiated. Till then take care.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi, abd pain with fever shows sign of GIT infection, you should go for blood test and ultrasound because sometime renal stone may cause fever. For the time being u can take mefanic acid plus paracetamol combination for treating abd pain and fever.If there is infection in blood then you should take antibiotics.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor