Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Excessive hair loss. Tested positive for hypothyroidism. No improvement with medication. How to cure?

I am having huge hair loss , mainly from back head from last few months. I tried to take supplement like calcium, Vitamin E , iron with Zinc. Then I consulted few doctors and did test for thyroid. It came i have subclinical hypothyroidism which does not need medicine. TSH is 5.63. THe doctor gave me Tayo 60K once in 2 weeks. no other medicine. I have taken 2 tablets so far. do not see major improvements. Can you please advise me what should be done
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Hypothyroidism can be cause of hair loss but uncommon. A subclinical hypothyroidism if it is persisting in multiple tests at some duration needs to be treated with low doses of eltroxin. Hair loss which has occurred will not reverse and you need to consult a dermatologist as the area you are telling is a part of the male pattern baldness and needs to be treated accordingly. Regards
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor