Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Eosinophilic esophagitis. Has vomiting. What can be done?

May granddaughter, age 3, is being tested for eosinophilic esophagitis . She will be eating and tghen throw up. This has been going for at least two years. She was testing for celiac but that was negative. Her biggest sympton is vomiting . She knows when it will happen and will go to the bathroom if she can. We know some foods that trigger this but there are times when it doesn t. We are trying to find information on it. Her believes - based on everything she has been given this is what she has. She will be scheduled for an upper GI to help firm a diagnosis
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Specific treatment for eosinophillic oesophagitis like steroids and avoiding food which causes allergy should be started only once the diagnosis is confirmed.So get an endoscopy and oesophageal biopsy to confirm it. Meanwhile give her some antiemetic agent like ondansetron. Also see whether her eosinophill count in blood and serum IgE levels are elevated to further support the diagnosis

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor