Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Enlarged liver, elevated liver enzymes. Blood test showing hepatitis A. Altered immunoglobulin levels. What does it mean?

I have had elevating liver enzimes for past 2-3 months, my liver is enlarged. The Dr. said he could feel that it was enlarged plus an Ultra Sound confirmed it was enlarged an excessively fatty. I have a lot of pain, and blood tests just came back with hepatitis A Ab, TOTAL. REACTIVE The only other abnormal results was IMMUNOGLOBULIN A 4 L . My PHENOTYPE IS PI*MM. What does this indicate? I do not drink at all, try and eat healthy, am happily married, and 70.9 years of age. I feel fatigued and am in pain most the time. I had a completely normal ultra sound 16 months ago.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
these findings are typical for hepatitis a infection and it shouldnt worry you. it should recover when virus is eliminated from your body. all this is sign of ystemic infection and liver inflammation. you should treat it regularly,avoid hepatotoxic agents and alcohol,rest and follow hepatic diet. also some medicines may be prescribed for liver protection so consult your doctor about it.
Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Wed, 25 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor