Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Electrolyte imbalance. Watery stools. Can Econorm be given?

My mother is having Electrolytes Imbalance and due to this she was been Hospitized twice in May 12 and November12 But she is now ok with the electrolytes as after conducting the test the report shows normal But since from couple of Days she is having a watery stool , diarrhea may be . Whether whe can give here ECONORM as she is 61 yrs old and shall i go for the Stool rt test or Culture . Pl suggest
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, Abu,
Your mother has had diarrhea for some time. I hope the doctors
have done all the tests necessary to find out what is the reason.
I hope they have tested the stool for Ova and parasites, do
colonoscopy and biopsy to see if she has colitis, ruled out
Crohn's disease, Celiac disease, lactose intolerance etc.
Also check for other organisms such as Giardia, Cryptosporidia,
viruses like Norwalk agents etc.
If she was on antibiotics, we have to rule out C.Difficile infection.
As for Econorm, it is a probiotic and puts good bacteria into the
intestine which is good. So, she can take it regularly.
For electrolyte replacement she can take electrolyte solutions
that you can get at the drug store. If you can get it, coconut
water is very good.
I wish her well.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor