Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Ear infection, blocked ears, bleeding, headache. Taking antibiotics, using ear drops. Suggestions?

hi i have had a ear problem/infection for he past 3 years over the past fe weeks i have been seen by the ent they have cleaned my ears given me drops and antibiotics , but they dont seem to be working as my ear is now to bunged up for the doc to see into it and my ear is bleeding the earache/pain n head ache is so intense i can not take it anymore can u suggest anything please
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail, as you said that you have ear infection past three years,but you are still getting pain ad ear discharge mixed wit blood. After considering your complaints it is not clear that your infection is involving what portion of ear (weather it is confined to external ear only or reaching up to inner part after perforating ear drum ). Therefore you are advice to go for these investigations - (1) C.T.scan of ear H.R.C.T. (2) C.T. scan paranasal sinuses (3) culture and sensitivity of ear pus (4) Audiometery - Pure tone & Impedance. After his you should consult your for clinical examination of your ear and co-relate inferences of investigations to establish the final diagnosis and treatment.Thanks.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor