Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

ECG showed indications of attack, had severe sweating and chest pain, advised angiography. Tests to detect heart problems?

Hi My Father is 62 yrs. Last week he went for check up and took ECG and doctor told he got attack. But my dad didn t realize that. But yesterday night he felt sweating and chest pain . Today we consult the doctor and they told to take Anigography. Could you please tell any other test to check whether he have problem in the Heart . Thanks, Suresh.G
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using health care magic

Angiography would look at the blood vessels supplying the heart to see if there is any blockage.If a significant blockage is identified then stenting may be done to keep the vessel open.
In addition to the above test, the doctor may suggest an echo which may also provide information such as the size and function.

Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor