Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How can I get a heart ablation done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 96 Questions
I am told by my heart doctor that I need a heart ablation. He had no suggestions who to go to. Can you help me? I live in Springdale, Ar.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Suleman Muhammad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You Need Electrophysiologist for RFA Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX! My Name is Dr.Suleman and I'm Resident cardiologist in Cardiac Electrophysiology Department in Cardiac Rehabilitation Centre. In our centre we frequently treat patients like you using radio frequency ablation By your history and symptoms it seems to me you are having Supra Ventricular tachycardia(SVT) or fast Atrial Fibrillation (Fast- Afib). First line of treatment is medication (not ablation). the medications are the one you are already taking. 1) Multaq to make your heart rhythm normal. 2) Pradaxa an excellent drug to make your blood thin as increase heart rate can make a clot out of your blood and can cause stroke 3) Tenormin decrease your heart rate. If these medications fails to control your heart problem then you need EPS/RFA which stands for Electrophysiology Study and Radio Frquency Ablation. so you have to visit an electrophysiologist for this procedure. In this procedure the doctor will enter a wire in your heart using a very small incision in your thigh and will ablate(fry up) the problematic part of your heart. that most of the time is less than 2mm. So dont worry its not that XXXXXXX procedure. Now you have to visit an advance hospital for that and I found following electrophysiologists who are nearest to your mentioned location Dr. Boris V. Bogomilov, MD Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology 3211 N Northhills Blvd Suite 110, Fayetteville, AR 72703 Dr. XXXXXXX C. XXXXXXX Jr, DO Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology 38 W Sunbridge Dr, Fayetteville, AR 72703 If you have further queries please let me know :) otherwise kindly close the discussion and rate my answer :)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor