Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Dull ache in uterus after periods, felt on putting pressure. Cause for pain?

Ever since my period ended a week ago, I ve had a dull ache encompassing my uterus . I don t notice it all the time, but mostly when I m bending over or I put pressure on my uterus. It is the entire thing, just not one part. It s pretty minor though sometimes it feels like cramping. Any idea of what it may be? I haven t had any bleeding , and like I said I am on CD7.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Your symptoms suggest likely possibility of Endometriosis.
Endometriosis is a condition in which cells from the lining of the uterus appear outside the uterine cavity, most commonly on the peritoneum which lines the abdominal cavity. Endometrial-like cells (endometriosis) are influenced by hormonal changes and respond in a way that is similar to the cells found inside the uterus. Symptoms often worsen with the menstrual cycle.
Diagnosed by ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Though normal results on these tests does not eliminate the possibility of endometriosis.
Treatment is symptomatic relief by using NSAID.
Laproscopic surgery would be useful as it is both diagnostic and therapeutic.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor