Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Drank lot of wine, having investigation for Haemorrhoids test. Will the alcohol indulgence show up in blood test?

I drank quite a lot of wine over Christmas probably about 6 bottles between 25.12.2012 and 5.1.2013 I am due to have blood tests 14.1.2013 prior to having investigation for Haemorroids,will this alcohol indulgence show up in my blood tests,I do average a couple of bottles of wine a week under normal circumstances.I am 74 yrs of age.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Alcohol is metabolized in the body and its levels can be detected in blood and urine.
Alcohol levels can be detected in the breath also.
Special tests need to be done to detect the levels of alcohol in blood and urine.
Routine tests do not detect alcohol in blood and / or urine.
However, alcohol taken on or before 5-1-13 will not show in blood or urine ten days thereafter.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor