Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Done ultrasound for abdominal pain. Longer menstrual bleeding, no pain. What is the condition?

Hi doctors. I m 21 years old. i was admitted last Mar 31,2012 due to abdominal cramps, they thought it was appendicitis but it is not bouncing pain and my appendix was not visualized in the ultrasound. so it was ruled out as UTI. My ultrasound conclusion was, normal sonogram of the liver, gallbladder, common bile duct , pancreas , spleen , abdominal aorta , both kidneys and urinary bladder; non visualized appendix; thin-walled non septated cyst, left ovary consider follicular cyst. Since April 2012, my menstrual cycle takes longer. Before i had only 1-7 days of menstruation but since discharge from the hospital i had almost 1 to 2 weeks of menstruation, 1-4 days of my menstruation is heavy to moderate and it s my normal menstruation while the succeeding days is like moderate bleeding to spotting and it s painless. Can you help me doctors about my condition? Thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

First of all an explanation for you. Appendicitis can not be ruled out by ultrasound. Especially if the doctor who has performed the ultrasound didn't find the appendix. It simply means that your appendix could not be found with ultrasound. So if it was not found, it`s inflammation cannot be ruled out. Moreover about 50% of appendicitis is treated with antibiotics with very good response. But such inflammation can recur. So it is possible that you have the appendicitis again. This should be checked as soon as possible. So you should have abdominal ultrasound and fool blood work, liver and pancreas tests, urine analysis.
Such symptoms can be also caused by mentioned by you uti or kidney stones, ovarian inflammation, ovarian cyst rupture, pregnancy or even endometriosis. It is strongly advisable for you to visit gynecologist and have transvaginal ultrasound performed.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello Madam,

Now that you have finished a round of all the tests with inconclusive results, I would like to recommend the following simple herbal treatment rather than further suggesting you some more tests:

* Take 3 Grams of PUSHYAANUGA CHOORNA and add it to a glass of rice-washed water.

Drink it twice daily - morning and evening - after food, along with 3 pills of CHANDRAPRABHA VATI each time. Do this for a week initially.

Keep me posted.

Take care.


Dr Gautham
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor