Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Done surgery for ovarian cyst. Prescribed Meprate. Have bleeding. Should I stop Meprate?

Last year I had a surgery for a cyst in my left ovary . After that my periods were regular. In the month of May I had my periods twice in a month. My doctor suggested taking meprate which I had been taking till date. This time I have been taking Meprate , however I started having very slight bleeding inspite of taking meprate continuously. Should I stop Meprate?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
You might be having break through bleeding while being on hormonal pills.
You continue taking the pills, the spotting will subside soon.
If the spotting persists or increases better to consult gynecologist once and with her advice increase the dose of the meprate which can prevent the spotting or you can switch over some other from of contraception.
Take care.

Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor