Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Done lipid test. Suggestions based on results?

Hi I am 35 year old male, 166.5 cm height and 77.8 kg weight. My life style is very sedentary. My Cholesterol is 219, tri - 100, S-VLDL - 20; SHDL - 46.2; SLDL -152.8 and ratio of cholesterol is 4.74 against the range of 0 -4.5. Can you please suggest me on the results please. I look overweight in my stomach area and I checked my BMI online which said 28.1.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, well at 166.5 cm you should be ideally be between 63-68 kgs. your BMI also should be between 22-25 so in general your lipid profile is in,the normal range but as you ar e slightly overweight and you lead a sedentry lifestyple you need to change that and try and get some exercise. Also truncal obesity as you say fatness around the stomach is unhealthy and is associated with increased risk of heart disease. A normal blood result does not rule out a risk of heart disease either, so considering that you are quite young you should invest some time on yourself and enroll in a gym or yoga classes or whatever works for you and try to do cardio exercise and lose about 10 kgs of weight. Try to maintain that and make regular exercise and healthy diet a constant part of your life. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor