Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Done angioplasty. Is nutrilite salmon omega 3 recommended?

Hi Doctor, There s an Amway Product, NUTRILITE® Salmon Omega-3 , which supposedly helps in increasing HDL . My father is 68 years old and has had done his angioplasty because of a block in his artery . Would you recommend that he have this product to keep his cholesterol in check, and increase HDL, when compare to his LDL?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  436
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
its true that HDL is good chloesterol but first recomandation is to control his LDL
to increase HDL take fish like salmon , tuna , sardish if you are nonvegetarian
you can also have wallnut which also a good source of HDL
avoid smoking
as your father already underwent angioplasty then he must on statin like atorvastatin or rosuva statin it will also help in increase in HDL
with this above measure if he maintains HDL > 45 then continue dietary supplemantation
no neeed for NUTRILITE
AS measure advice by me is also very cost effective
Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor