Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Does smoking and drinking cause infertility ?

Hello Doctor , This is for my uncle. Dr prescribed Lycobal OD medicine for infertility . Should he stop smoking and drinking. will it improve sperm count and motility? Thanks, Raj
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  233
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello raj ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Smoking and drinking does cause damage to the sperm count due to the action of free radicals.So your uncle should stop smoking as soon as possible and regarding the medicine Lycobal OD he should take it as it is an antioxidant and yes it will help to improve his sperm count.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
yes alcohol and smoking quitting can improve the semen parameters
simultaneously regular exercise and good diet can help
avoid regular yoga and meditation
take more fruits and green leafy veg.take more water
wish you a good day and take care
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor