Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Does recurring bump on the vagina mean STD ?

Every once in a while (randomly) I get a painful (if bothered) bump on my vaginal area. Its nothing regular and weird. Idk if it has its own cycle because it just comes out of now where. Ive been having this bump for like 3 years or so. Is it possible that I have any STD s
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  886
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. A bump on the vaginal area could be a simple cyst due to blocked skin glands, blocked hair follicles, and clogged sweat glands. Genital warts look like cauliflower like growth and herpes presents as painful itchy blister which scabs over. Keep your vaginal area clean and dry. Use warm compresses and topical antibiotics on the bump. If the symptoms persist then you may consider tests like viral Culture, HSV FA, Viral PCR, and serology to rule out herpes.

You have to consult a gynecologist to get it evaluated. Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor