Does height increasing medines work or not ?

my age is 27.height is 5.7.i would to know about height increaser in ayurveda .there are products in market.will they really work
Sat, 24 Sep 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear
welcome to healthcaremagic
There is no separate description in ayurveda for boost your height. Normal growth of height in male end at the age of 21yrs. Your are cross this age.so there is less chance for you to gain height now. There is no specific medicine in ayurveda only supporting at the time of growth. but you crossed this stage also.Least chance dont follow those medicine worthless. Regular exercise and some asanas and calcium rich content may be helpful

take care
http://ayurvediccure.info
info@rammani.com.np
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
**Height is generally determined mostly by genetics.it is unlikely that you will grow any taller after the age of 18 or 19, as this is when most people have completed all their growing.
* you may gain an additional centimeter or two by practicing yoga. Try focusing on asanas that target your back and spine. Try spending some time each day doing spinal twists, bridge pose and even thread the needle pose. This will hopefully unlock some tension in your spine. As well, you may benefit from some of the standing poses, such as tree pose and prayer pose. Remember to stand up straight during these poses or else you will not receive any benefit.

As with any yoga practice, make sure you start out slowly if you are a beginner. Rushing poses or trying difficult poses without proper instruction can often hurt you in the long run. Hold new poses for only 30 seconds and remember to breathe deeply and steady. If done properly,you will see an added centimeter or two.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Pratima uday's  Response
hi mr sastry,
there are no pure ayurvedic medicines which increases height
but along with excercise u can take medicines like aswagandha, asperagus recemosus, peuraria tuberosa which can be effective only to some extent... bot theses r also of not much use for ur age
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear sastry
The medicines for height increasing are not supported by Data but one thing is certain in your case it is not possible by any means at the age of 27 as all growing point stands fused to form bones. Balanced diet and regular exercise work equally good as these medicines. The prescribed medicines are general tonics which give a feeling of well being and in growing age before attaining majority they may help a bit to increase height.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Praveen Kumar Nigam's  Response
Dear Friend,
There are no any ayurvedic products by which we can increase our height at the age of 27.
only regular excercise and balanced diet (full of calcium and protien) is useful.
Pediatrician Dr. Jasbir S Chugh's  Response
All fraud ,my dear. Do not fall a prey to these medicines and tall claims.If these so called height increasing medicines were useful, all the proponents of these medicines would have been as tall as Khali the great!
The height increases naturally under the action of body's own hormones and genetic set up till the age of 16-18years. once the Epiphyses(The growing centers of bones) fuse, the body height ceases to increase. 5'-7'' is good enough. you may shine in your life through constructive activities,excelling in your career and doing useful service to the society. Don't you have any complexes about your height.Remember, our late prime minister, Lal Bahadur Shastri jee was barely 5'4''. But he won accolades by winning a war against Pakistan in 1965. same is the case of cricket star Sachin Tendulkar.
Take a cue from Ben Johonson's poem "The Noble Nature"
It is not growing like a tree
In bulk, doth make man better be;
Or standing long an oak, three hundred year,
To fall a log at last, dry, bald, and sear:
A lily of a day,
Is fairer far in May,
Although it falls and dies that night,—
It was the plant and flower of Light.
In small proportions we just beauties see;
And in short measures life may perfect be.