Does chronic Kidney disease cause diarrhea?

Yes, recently I have had pains on my side and back. I am 54 years old, have high blood presure under control and diagnosed with chronic Kidney disease. Recently from time to time I have had almost all liquid diahreah, especially when stressed. What should I do?I will see my Doctor on this...thanks anyway.
Mon, 3 Aug 2015
Urologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.
Your concern is understandable. As an Urologist, let me advise you, that with CKD(Chronic Kidney Disease), you're prone to electrolyte (salt and potassium), changes with diarrhoea. The kidney function tests, like blood creatinine, and urea with electrolytes need to be checked, and corrected according to changes seen. An Ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be advised, if needed.You may need admission after an examination.
You should be careful to avoid potassium rich diets,like fresh fruits,coconut water, and adding table salt.Take fluid intake slightly more than urine output.You may contact me by name, with reports ,for expert opinion.