Does a heart attack warrant a visit to the ER ?

Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
Definitely! ASAP!

I have had three heart attacks over the past two years. I have been referred to four doctors for my heart exams, lab work, etc. Each doctor recommends another medication for me. I am real uneasy about four doctors not knowing what the other has given me. I am taking 15 meds right now from four doctors. Is my concern warranted?

Earlier today my mom went to the emergancy room for heart and pain in her arms. I looked on WebMD for anwers and they said it might have been a sign of a heart attack my dad just called me and said that she was still in the ER hooked up to a bunch of machines. Is it a heart attck? If not what is it? and what will they do?

Hello. My mother went to primary care doctor after having chest & and arm pain. The Dr said it was a possible heart attack and referred her to a cardiologist. They also took a blood test to check her enzymes. The cardiologist still hasn t contacted her in 2 days. Her primary Dr called her today and told her that it was a heart attack but didn t prescribe her any medication or refer her to the ER where she can have further tests done. She s saying that her primary Dr. said that she could have another one within 24-72 hours. Why didn t her primary Dr. tell her to go into the ER or prescribe medication to lower the risk of a second one? Is there a chance of her having a second one within the next couple days?

Recent questions on  Heart attack

Hello Doc, I ve been having a weird discomfort in my left part of my breast and a pinched feeling in my upper left shoulder blade!! I m a 26yr old healthy female and I sit up and google symptoms I have and start freaking myself out thinking I m having a heart attack! Please help!!

My grandpa had a heart attack yesterday. He has been unconcious since then last night they but a central line through him to cool him down to 94 degrees. It took the ambulence 15 minutes to get to him from the time he started having issues breathing and ever 30 seconds he would gasp for air. do you think he is going to have severe brain damage

dear Sir, My name is kashif latif and at this time i am 30 years sir my problem is for the month ago i have tingling and numbness in my both hand and at the same time i have feeling my heart is racing like 150 miles and hold body covers with shivirng and i am loosing control and going crazy and feeling that i am having a heart attack but when i visit the doc and he done ECG he foung nothing to done my heart and my heart is working normally and one more thing at that time i am feeling shorness of breath and my all body chill sir please tell what is this and i am fear of this this will hapen again to me i am awaiting your answer Kashif latif

i was in a car accident like 2 months ago, broke a few bones, had surgery(hip and femur)a month later i began feeling left chest pains, left arm pains...typical heart attack symptoms in other words. last night was the 5th time i went to the e.r. thanks to this pains and again they found nothing wrong with me or my heart so i guess the ekg and mri were all good. the pain is still there on a daily basis my parents refuse to take me to the hospital they think i m insane. my questions are can my heart be bruised or enlarged?or that would have been ruled out with the ekg and mri?they said its not my lungs but the pain is on left back also, could it be only muscle pain?i don t have insurance and all this medical assistance is pretty expensive. if anyone could please get me on the right direction i would greatly appreciate it, this pain is so stressing it feels like a tickle on my lung or heart and i m scared if overlooked it will kill me. by the way i m a 19 yr old grl and nobody in my family has any kind of medical problems....

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...