Does Hydrocodone cause vaginal swelling and itching?

I have been taking Hydrocodone for pain, and realized that i have a slightly swollen vagina, and it itches, but different from when i had a yeast infection in the past. Can taking this medicine cause this? and aside from not taking the meds anymore, how can i fix this?
Mon, 17 May 2021
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Hydrocodone is a steroid and if taken for long duration can lead to fungal or yeast infection. I suggest you to consult your treating doctor for duration and dosage of Hydrocodone. In addition, I suggest you to get a pap smear done along with examination of vaginal swab.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist