Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Do emergency contraceptive pills make menstrual cycles irregular ?

My girlfriend and i took nordette after having unprotected intercourse last feb 12 , 2012 .. uhmm . we took nordette as ECP feb 16 then we wait for her withdrawal bleeding . Then feb 26 we engage oral intercourse . But no penetration happend. jus to be sure we took again nordette as ECP feb 28 . after 6 days March 5 . she had withdrawal bleeding for 7 days i guess . just like her normal period . Then march 11 AGAIN we had intercourse . march 12 she took again nordette as ECP . march 17 she had withdrawal . on her 2nd day i guess . she said the blood was black .. then turn to normal .. it lasted 7 days (march 23) . after all that ECP party we had .. we re waiting for her NORMAL cycle to come . i have read some forum that using ECP will mess your cycle . start counting on the withrawal bleeding .. now its been 33 days after her last withdrawal bleeding . what shall we do Doctor .. I HOPE SOMEONE REPLYS .. ill add saomething .. last week . april 12 . i masturbate her . maybe 2 to 3 times ? the 2nd one used 3 fingers though . when i took out my finger , theres some brown vaginal discharge with some littte blood . we thought her period will arrive . we wait for few days . it only lasted that time . then its gone . april 13 she saw brown thing on her undies .. i have read that a vaginal trauma something like that ? that when you robbed or insert a big thing it is possible to have that kind of discharge .. until now were waiting for her normal period to come . after that . last sunday she had white discharge . the lotiony type one . until now no period . AND WE KNOW ECP WILL MESS UP A GIRLS CYCLE . please respond .
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Kay,
Welcome here on hcm.
Get your girlfriend examined by an gynecology doc and follow her advice.
Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor