Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in passing urine, treated for UTI, recurrence of UTI. Is urologists consultation required?

hi, i have an 8yearold boy and he gets episodic difficulties in passing out urine .At first he was treated for a UTI .he like got fine for sometime, then, yesterday the problem has come a gain after like a month or so of the previous episode.In your opinion as a paediatrician, what do you think, does it call for a urologist intervention at this point or you can give an opinion that is remedial to this problem?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Your son definitely needs urological opinion. Any uti in a child is abnormal and mostly it will be because of some underlying structural or functional abnormality of urinary tract. He needs complete urine analysis, kidney function tests, ultrasound of the abdomen and an x-ray called voiding cystourethrogram. Please visit a urologist.
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor